Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy 30th Anniversary to Goofin' Records!

Today I'm wishing a HUGE Happy 30th Anniversary to Pete Hakonen and his Goofin' Records label.




[Pete Hakonen and I, August 2014]

For the past 30 years Goofin' has been releasing some of the best country, rockabilly, bluegrass, rautalanka, western swing, and rock and roll from Finland and around the world (discography here: http://goofinrecords.com/shop/index.php?topic=93&offset=0). Today is the big 3-0 celebration in Helsinki with High Noon, Wildfire Willie & the Ramblers, The Fanatic IV, Vesa snygg sekä satelliitti-yhtye, and DJ Bill Smoker


Wish I could be there to celebrate with y'all, but instead my internet congrats from afar will have to suffice. Pete, thanks again for your friendship, your warm welcome to Finland and everything you did to help me get acclimated, as well as welcoming me into the Goofin' family. Kiitos paljon! I'm mighty proud of our last release together and I look forward to many more projects in the future.

[Goofin GRCD 6177, The Starday Sessions]

For those unfamiliar with the great Goofin' legacy, you can stream or download DJ Bill Smoker's excellent 5-part podcast exploring the label here: http://www.rockabillydj.com/?name=2014-10-04_podcast_1404_-_focus_on_goofin_records_30th_anniversary.mp3

I also produced one podcast all about Goofin' artists covering Starday artists and the parallels between the two labels here: http://nathandgibson.blogspot.com/2013/07/new-podcast-tribute-to-goofin-records.html

No comments:

Post a Comment